The Light is On for You
The Fifth Week of Lent
April 3 to 7, 2017
From 6:00 pm-7:00 pm
Monday, April 3
Tuesday, April 4
Wednesday, April 5
Thursday, April 6
Order of Penance
1) Greeting: The priest welcomes the penitent warmly and greets him or her with kindness.
2) Sign of the Cross: Then the penitent makes the Sign of the Cross, which the priest may also make.
The penitent says, “Father forgive me, it has been _(length of time)_ since my last confession. These are my sins….”
3) Confession of Sins : The penitent confesses his or her sins.
4) Accepts the penance from the Priest and says the Act of Contrition:
Act of Contrition
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you, and I detest all my sins because of your just punishments; but most of all because they offend you, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life. Amen.
5) The priest prays the prayer of Absolution: At the conclusion of the prayer, the penitent responds: "Amen."
Click here for an examinatin of Coscience based on the ten commandments.
Click here for an examination of conscience in light of Catholic social teaching.
Click hee for an examination of Conscience for children.